Reconstruction of County Bridge No. 5-D-5
- Project: Reconstruction of County Bridge No. 5-D-5
- Owner: County of Gloucester
- Location: Glen Echo Ave., County Rt. 538, Borough of Swedesboro, New Jersey
- Engineer: T&M Associates
- Contract Amount: $1,966,630.0
- Duration: 250 days
- Description: Complete reconstruction of County Bridge 5-D-5 on County Route 538 over the Narraticon Run in the Borough of Swedesboro, NJ. Mount Construction Co., Inc. first installed a detour and closed the bridge to vehicular traffic. Existing utilities attached to the bridge were relocated and the bridge was then demolished. Sheet Pile Cofferdam’s were then constructed on the East and West Abutments and over 3,000 lf of 14” steel piles were driven. After the concrete footings were formed and poured, Mount installed seven (7) sections of a three sided precast rigid concrete culvert to span the river. The project is on track for the substantial completion date of August 7, 2009, with the final completion date of October 2, 2009.